A snapshot into what her future held...

A snapshot into what her future held...
Zhukovka, Russia

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

My heart is in "awe"

I'm just so amazed at this woman, Adeye Salem and her family.  (Take just a pause to look at her beautiful blog.)

http://www.nogreaterjoymom.com/

They get it.  They are being reckless for Jesus.  I'm reminded of Jeremy Camp's song... Reckless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsfzqIGYQDI

This family, the Salems, are giving away their lives, just as Jesus did.  They are rescuing children from far away lands, one life at time, in the strength God gives them daily.  The children are thriving. 

Let's consider our sweet Jesus.  He didn't sleep in the same bed every night, He didn't know where his food would come from, but He knew His Father, who sent Him, would take care of Him.  And the Father did that through... people.

I can be one of those people.  I want to be reckless for Jesus.  I want to teach my children what that looks like, by my actions. 

Yes, my human thoughts whisper daily, that I want to lead a comfortable life... I don't want to have to worry all the time about finances... I'd love to take family vacations, I'd love to save more.  I'm working through finding the balance of all of that "human stuff" and also pursuing the...   "heart stuff" which is what God truly desires. 

God can take care of all of our "human stuff" like money... truly.  God doesn't need our money.  God could have all of the money He ever wanted. 

What God doesn't control, and what He desires most, is our hearts.  He is a good God who leaves it up to us.  We can either choose Him... life.  Or we can choose nothing-ness... death.  The choice is ours, from an amazing parent... our Father God.

Yes, He is moving in our lives right now, and we are praying about something He has placed on our hearts.  Daily, I ask for His will... His guidance... and most importantly, to not allow this life to be a wasted one... I want to give it ALL to Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bryansk Home

Bryansk Home
My two favorite colors together seem to be common in Bryansk homes.