A snapshot into what her future held...

A snapshot into what her future held...
Zhukovka, Russia

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Faith, Hope, and LOVE

Wow- it has been BUSY, since I returned home from a week of promoting the circus, in Toledo. It took nearly a week (seriously) to re-acclimate myself back into my life! Sad, I know! I am thankful that my in-laws were able to come down and take care of the kids, for the week, while Kevin was at work. We couldn't have done it without them.

So... the latest regarding the adoption since the last post. The regional coordinator, in Russia, has given us permission for me to travel and meet Sveta in either November or December. A friend of mine, also adopting from the same orphanage where Sveta is, is going in December. I'd prefer to go with her; however, our agency is encouraging me to go earlier, if possible. There are a couple of reasons they are encouraging me to do this; however, it's not something I can publicly blog about. Also, since I will be traveling via buddy passes which are stand-by, there could be a better chance of me getting a flight in early November rather than waiting until the holidays are in full-swing.

I am excited about the possibility, but of course, nervous to travel alone. It's so funny though, because while in Toledo, and even now, God just keeps giving me confirmations of the adoption and the travel. A dear friend was over last night and reminded me of my strength and how I can do this, even by myself. This is a friend who traveled to China by herself and is always positive and empowering! Tonight, as I was really needing to hear from God, through his Word, I got this scripture in my daily devotional.

I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.
Romans 9:17

It's this scripture that lets me know God will be with me every second of the trip... giving me confidence, strength, and support to carry out his will for this child. I am still amazed at this task he has placed before Kevin and I. I wonder why he chose this child for us. I wonder why she is in Russia of all places. I wonder what our visits are going to be like when we're together. All I know for sure, is that I can't wait to wrap my arms around this little girl and look at her face! I want to look into her sweet hazel eyes. Although the language barrier--the universal language, love, is all that really matters.

I Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


Had God not shown us this child and adoption, we certainly wouldn't be growing in our faith, hope, and love. We know that he is using Sweet Sveta, as part of his master plan, to grow us and her... to further his kingdom. For that, we are blessed.

1 comment:

  1. OMGosh!!! that is beautiful. Oh, wait... you are a writter!!! Your blog post are so wonderful. I love reading them. You have grown so much and will continue to. Your Faith and Trust in the Lord can't help but grow in things like this.
    I am praying for you each step of the way.

    ReplyDelete

Bryansk Home

Bryansk Home
My two favorite colors together seem to be common in Bryansk homes.