A snapshot into what her future held...

A snapshot into what her future held...
Zhukovka, Russia

Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Gift of Friendship


Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!


Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.


How blessed I am to have some really fabulous friends. And "fabulous" quite frankly, just doesn't do them justice!

My friends let me see things in a new light. My friends support and encourage me. My friends won't let me fall, when they know I'm about to. My friends pray with me and for me. My friends make me smile... laugh... and a couple of days ago... they made me cry! (Good tears though!) My friends knew exactly how to bless me on that particular day... and they will be there, without a doubt, when it's time to bless our new daughter.

It was a complete surprise when Julie and Marisa showed up (Carrie couldn't make it), at our coffee date, with a cake, telling me cheerfully, "Happy Birthday to Sveta!" They are so amazingly thoughtful! How could I not have tears when they went out in faith to celebrate our daughter's birthday!

These girlfriends have already blessed Sveta through much prayer; however, on this day, besides the cake, they got her a birthday present that I got to open... it was a Bible, perfect for her. It's an English-Russian Parallel Bible. On the left column, it reads the English translation. On the right, it's the Russian translation. Perfect for Sveta when she comes home!

There are so many blessings that will come from this Bible. As we present it to Sveta as part of the new "things" in her room, she will understand the value that her new family places on God. It will allow her to keep something of her heritage, close to her heart, so that she may always remember where it was she came from. It will be a tool to help her, as she grieves. It will help her understand her value, how much we love her, and most importantly, how much her Father in Heaven loves her. It will bring comfort beyond measure. It truly is the perfect gift.

Thanks to my gals... Carrie, Julie, and Marisa. May you know what a gift YOU are, to me!

2 comments:

  1. Incredible gift Emily! What a blessing to have such great friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow wow wow! So special that is. You are blessed, my friend. And so are your friends... me included. Love you. xo

    ReplyDelete

Bryansk Home

Bryansk Home
My two favorite colors together seem to be common in Bryansk homes.