A snapshot into what her future held...

A snapshot into what her future held...
Zhukovka, Russia

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to School



Wow. Wow. Wow.
Blink... summer is over! It certainly was a good one, but I do have to say, I'm actually glad that school is back in session. I have NEVER said that before! I'm not happy that our kids are gone more, rather, I'm glad that we're all back into a routine. I fully believe routines are healthy, not only for Kevin and I but the kiddos, as well. I did a little research to help explain what I mean... the source is: http://hubpages.com/hub/Children_and_Routines__Why_there_Important

How do routines help a child?
The most important thing is routines help a child build confidence in themselves. When a child has a routine established and knows what is expected out of them and how long they have to get the job done, it will help them to manage their time and behavior. Children thrive on pleasing their parents and work hard to do so.

This explains the great attitude Evan has come home with the past two nights! He is really enjoying being back in school and can't wait to show us his school work each night!

Don't get me wrong, the lazy days of summer were welcomed and much needed after a long, yet productive school year. The summer allowed us a break to filter and refresh. Now that we have all re-booted our systems, we are looking forward to great new school year... a fresh start... and lots of fun and memories.

1 comment:

Bryansk Home

Bryansk Home
My two favorite colors together seem to be common in Bryansk homes.