A snapshot into what her future held...

A snapshot into what her future held...
Zhukovka, Russia

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fair Future




It has been quite a week- -one that I'm sure, I stretched myself a little too thin for. Somehow though, all worked out, and I'm pleased this Sunday and am feeling the relief of rest! Let's see... the kids attended an all-day Church Day Camp, in which I was one of the leaders. I worked the Farm Bureau booth twice at the Warren County Fair, for four hours each shift. And... the kids both participated in the Guys and Gals Lead on Friday night, and Karrigan participated in the Little Miss Warren County contest Saturday morning. Whew! Today, we attended church, and tonight, I must finish some paperwork for my publicist job before we head to the Union County Fair tomorrow! Busy, busy... but life is good!

On the way to church this morning, we were re-living and re-hashing the recent fair events! Both Evan and Karrigan got really excited about the possibility of Sveta participating in the fair next year! Karrigan promised she would teach Sveta how to lead "Diamond" the ewe lamb, and Evan agreed! Of course, that led to a discussion about who Sveta will want to play with more- - will she want to do "girlie" things with KK like playing dolls and doing crafts, or will she want to learn sports and how to play video games with Evan! I assured both kiddos that Sveta will likely enjoy some of the same activities that both of them do. And she will, also, be able to teach them a thing or two!

This morning at church, as I was praying during worship, I felt a peace come over me. God told me, through the Holy Spirit, that next summer, as we look back at all of this we're dealing with now- the stress, the unknown basically... it will all seem like it never really happened, because He was there for us the entire time, taking care of everything. He, also, shared that when the Ministry of Education, in Russia, comes back from vacation in mid-August, the employees will be ready to get to work and will process our papers quickly! I'm going to stay optimistic about this, and go with it! I love it when God puts things into my heart! The biggest thing I heard from God today, is that although we haven't received the "official" letter- we have been granted a loan from one of the companies we applied to!!! God said the financial concerns, regarding this adoption, will be taken care of. I have FAITH, so I declare the messages of the Holy Spirit to be true, this day!!! It's vulnerable of me to put all of this out here on our blog, for everyone to read, but I want everyone to know how God keeps His promises... all we have to do is have faith in Him!

We ask for your prayers this week, dear family and friends.

These are the verses headed for the bathroom mirror... good reminders when the enemy's "doubt" starts to surface.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (Galatians 6:9)

When I called, you answered me; you made me bold and stouthearted. (Psalm 138:3)

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28)

Love to you all,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bryansk Home

Bryansk Home
My two favorite colors together seem to be common in Bryansk homes.