A snapshot into what her future held...

A snapshot into what her future held...
Zhukovka, Russia

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Slipping and Sliding


I’m listening to my babies outside… there are lots of giggles and “whoa-s!”. They are playing on the Slip-n-Slide! Summer fun at it’s prime!

There is one baby missing however, and my understanding is that she is at summer camp. It apparently is a “camp” set up, in the middle of the forest, within walking distance of the orphanage. I’m told there’s a lake. At first, I got excited that our girl gets to go to camp! Then, “mom reality” set in: Does Sveta know how to swim? Is the camp co-ed? Do they put sunscreen on the kids? Is there protection against wild animals in the forest? See how my imagination works? I nearly work myself up to an anxiety attack!

God is there though, at camp… he is with Sveta and all of the other children. I have to just trust. That’s a word I am learning a lot about on this journey… TRUST.

Psalm 46:10
Be still and know that I am God.


So very true! And I find comfort knowing that the weight of the world doesn’t fall on me. God takes it for us. I trust Him that he will take care of Sveta both at camp and at the orphanage, and I trust Him that he will bring her home to us this winter.

She is already missed by each of us on a daily basis. Some days, it’s going to the library. Some days, it’s going to get ice cream. Today, we miss her giggles… outside on the Slip-n-Slide!

3 comments:

  1. Keep trusting Emily...
    Very hard to do sometimes, I know. I would love for us to get together. Please just come by. Lets find a splash park to take the kids to. I know there is one down towards cincinnati! I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I am so excited for you and your family!

    Jeremiah 17:7
    Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steven Curtis Chapman has a beautiful song using that verse:

    "Be Still & Know"

    Be still and know that he is God
    Be still and know that he is holy
    Be still oh restless soul of mine
    Bow before the prince of peace
    Let the noise and clamor cease

    Be still and know that he is God
    Be still and know that he is faithful
    Consider all that he has done
    Stand in awe and be amazed
    And know that he will never change
    Be still

    Be still and know that he is God
    Be still and know that he is God
    Be still and know that he is God
    Be still
    Be speechless

    Be still and know that he is God
    Be still and know he is our father
    Come rest your head upon his breast
    Listen to the rhythm of
    His unfailing heart of love
    Beating for his little ones
    Calling each of us to come
    Be still
    Be still

    ReplyDelete

Bryansk Home

Bryansk Home
My two favorite colors together seem to be common in Bryansk homes.