A snapshot into what her future held...

A snapshot into what her future held...
Zhukovka, Russia

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Playing!

Last night, Evan went to a sleep-over at a friend's while the girls and I tried out our new pool, a birthday gift to the kids. This morning as we were reunited at Vacation Bible School, the girls told Evan all about the swimming adventure from last night. What kept coming out of their mouths was: "It was so fun, and mommy played with us!" "Evan, you would have loved it, we were fish, and mommy was the shark, and she pretended to eat us!" "It was the greatest night, because mommy was chasing us in the pool!" On and on they went, and the common excitement was that I had unexpectedly joined them in the water! Like most moms, I had a bazillion things to do... dinner dishes, laundry, watering the flowers and vegetable plants, etc. But, I decided to re-adjust my mind and... play! I usually don't play, I invite the kids' friends over so they can play with them, but last night, I actually played, and I haven't heard that much enthusiasm from Karis and Karrigan in a really long time. The truth is, they have each other, and they have friends, but their love for us, as their parents, far outweighs any other love. It is elevated beyond our imaginations, and we need to make it a priority to stop and remember that love and that bond. I am so glad I took an hour out of my night to just play, because the memories made in that short time, will resonate in their minds for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bryansk Home

Bryansk Home
My two favorite colors together seem to be common in Bryansk homes.